Friday, July 18, 2014

Granddaughter's Birthday

My granddaughter is having a birthday party on Saturday and I've decided to make up one of the doll kits I have that she admired in the past. Sorry Aunt Mabel, you'll have to wait for a couple of days.
Well only a half dozen mistakes and plastic pellets all over the floor, but she's finished, and ready to get dressed.
I came home after school all ready to choose a pattern and some clothing to our little orang. I really like some s dolls I have seen in mixed patterns. So I dug through my stash and came up with some yellow and blue prints that seemed to go together. The blue was actually two fat quarters I had picked up at a sale. If it wasn't' sufficient I was going to have to go to plan B and hit the stash again. By the next morning I was having all kind of second thoughts. It clashes, it doesn't work, it clashes with the doll etc. I was partly tempted to go with just safe pink. Then I got brave and charged forward. I finished her tonight and she gets her new mommy tomorrow. It's been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment