Monday, July 14, 2014

Dolls With Stories

Whether we keep treasured dolls from childhood, found dolls we have refinished and reborned,antiques we struggled with ourselves before parting with a heart stopping number of dollars, or dolls created from imagination and hour's and hours of hard work. These objects of our affection all have back stories even if you don't realize it. How long have you had this doll, why did you come to possess it, what memories, emotions does it call up? This is just scratching the surface. On this blog I'll share my doll making journeys and I hope any reader/ passers by Will do the same. All dolls have some story, some thanks to imagination, others from the poignant capriciousness of real life. My hope is that the telling will provide as much enjoyment as I know the reading will.

No comments:

Post a Comment