Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Dolly Dimple

This is a 16" Dimples doll made by E.I Horseman.  It dates to the 1920s-30s.  The back of the neck is marked E.I.H. Dimples. These dolls were enormously popular as "mama"dolls.  They were made in several sizes and produced for many years.  Since this is my first doll recovery and this is a valuable antique, my efforts will be minimal as I learn the art of restoration, and above all do no harm.   I'd like to do this in memory of the maternal grandmother I never knew.  Her name was Dolly Dimple and I believe called Doll.  She spent all of her middle age and elder years in a sanitarium.  Not exactly clear on the reason.  I met her once when I was four or five.  Here are the before pictures of Dolly Dimple.


I decided to stop after a thorough cleaning.  So here she is with her new crocheted dress and rosey cheeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment